VIEW BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
WHAT IS KYBELLA™ (DEOXYCHOLIC ACID) INJECTION?
- KYBELLA™ (deoxycholic acid) injection, also known as ATX-101, is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat (double chin).
- KYBELLA™ is indicated for improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe fullness associated with fat under the chin in adults. The safe and effective use of KYBELLA™ for the treatment of subcutaneous fat outside the submental region has not been established and is not recommended.
HOW IS KYBELLA™ ADMINISTERED?
- KYBELLA™ is administered by injections into the fat under the chin.
- Each in-office treatment session is typically about 30 minutes.
- Treatment with KYBELLA™ is customized by the health care provider to the patient’s aesthetic goals for an improved chin profile.
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF KYBELLA™ CLINICAL TRIALS?
- In the pooled, pivotal Phase III studies, 68.2 percent of patients responded to KYBELLA™ based on a composite of validated physician and patient measurements.vii
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS WITH KYBELLA™?
- The safety profile of KYBELLA™ is well characterized. Side effects may include swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness or formation of small areas of firmness.